Find out about our Immigration Lawyers
The advice or involvement of an immigration lawyer for your particular immigration matter could be the difference
between success and failure. Immigration lawyers specialise in various aspects of immigration law including
nationality, entry requirements, marriage applications, leave to remain, extensions of stay, asylum, human rights
law, European Union and its citizens, Points based system and Life in the UK requirements.
Your immigration matter may require legal representation and you can find assistance with the help of an
immigration lawyer. If you are unsure of where to start why not contact an immigration lawyer and request to speak
to someone regarding your immigration enquiry. Most immigration lawyers would want to find out about your current
immigration status and if any the limits on your leave to remain. You can ask the immigration lawyer to explain the
meaning of any words or terms that you are not sure of.
Immigration lawyers will either assist you by lodging an application or making representation to the UK immigration
authorities although in some cases immigration lawyers may represent you at a tribunal hearing or immigration
appeal. If you require representation at an immigration hearing then it is important that you arrange this as early
as possible to avoid any confusion and to ensure your immigration lawyer has your full instructions and is aware of
all the necessary aspects of your case.
You might want to consider some important factors when deciding to instruct an immigration
1. Immigration lawyers are immigration specialists and are trained in various aspects of immigration
2. An immigration lawyer will explain the UK immigration rules to you and help you understand the requirements that
relate to you and whether or not you meet those requirements.
3. Immigration lawyers can assist you by making representation to the UK immigration authorities in a professional
and proactive manner.
4. Immigration lawyers can represent you at your immigration hearing.
5. Yes an immigration lawyer will come at a cost to you however consider whether you are willing to pay the price
for not instructing a lawyer.
6. Immigration lawyers are regulated either by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) or the Office of the
Immigration Commissioner (OISC).